stripes

Monday, January 2, 2012

Dr. Change or: How I learned to stop worrying, finished school, moved to NOLA, and grew my first very own tomato

Happy belated everything.


I'm pretty sure there are some blog rules out there that mandate some sort of "BEST" list.  As 2011 fades away and the year in which no one will talk about anything other than the freakin Mayans starts, let us reflect.

Most utilized new meal: Egg tortilla wraps

New Ingredient to cook with I liked most: Tie between collards and eggs

Favorite food party: My birthday. Duh. Don't worry, you can come this year.

"Best" worst thing I made: Burned bread representing everything I overcooked in my %#@*&^ evil oven before I got an oven thermometer (thanks mom!)

Favorite meal out: Brigsen's (thanks to Erik's parents) for classy, India Pavilion in Cambridge after soaking in a japanese hot tub. Pickels in NYC eaten straight from the barrel.

Food things I miss most about Boston: Indian food. Trader Joe's. Friendly Toast. Myers and Chang fried rice. Pho Pasteur. The Otherside (pre rats).

Food things I like most about New Orleans: Affordable and plentiful year round farmer's markets. Surreys. Sweet potato pancakes at Slim Goodies. Happy Hours. Growing veggies outside in December.


To 2012. May the year be full of good food and pretty sunsets.

1 comment:

  1. Your tomatoes look beautiful! I bet that they will ripen up in no time flat. I miss that one restaurant in Boston where that really funny hipster guy waited on us.

    ReplyDelete