1.5 cups cubed butternut squash
0.5 cup chopped tomatoes
1.5 cups water
2 cloves garlic, minced
thyme, oregano, rosemary as desired
0.5 unsweetened, plain, non-dairy milk
0.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1 t chili powder
salt and pepper
2 cups quinoa macaroni
1. In the morning add all ingredients before "milk" to slow cooker.
2. Set on low for 7-8 hours.
3. When done puree the contents of slow cooker in blender with "milk"
4. Meanwhile cook quinoa macaroni according to directions and drain.
5. Add drained macaroni back into pot with butternut squash puree, cheese, and spices.
6. Cook on low heat until cheese melts into sauce.
Adapted from Vegan Slow Cooking by Kathy Hester
Thursday, October 9, 2014
2 cups diced sweet potato
1 cup diced cauliflower
1/4 cup diced bell pepper
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
2 cloves minced garlic
2 t grated ginger
1/2 t turmeric
1/2 t chili powder
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t hot curry powder
1. In the morning, load all ingredients except salt into slow cooker.
2. Place on low for 7-8 hours.
3. When ready to serve add salt to taste.
4. Use spoon to mash vegetables a bit
5. Serve in a toasted bun, or over rice/quinoa.
Makes 5 sandwiches. Adapted from Vegan Slow Cooking by Kathy Hester.