1.5 cups cubed butternut squash
0.5 cup chopped tomatoes
1.5 cups water
2 cloves garlic, minced
thyme, oregano, rosemary as desired
0.5 unsweetened, plain, non-dairy milk
0.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1 t chili powder
salt and pepper
2 cups quinoa macaroni
1. In the morning add all ingredients before "milk" to slow cooker.
2. Set on low for 7-8 hours.
3. When done puree the contents of slow cooker in blender with "milk"
4. Meanwhile cook quinoa macaroni according to directions and drain.
5. Add drained macaroni back into pot with butternut squash puree, cheese, and spices.
6. Cook on low heat until cheese melts into sauce.
Adapted from Vegan Slow Cooking by Kathy Hester