stripes

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Giant Salad Bowl

Maybe it is because I have been eating red beans and rice everyday for lunch, but lately I have been craving a GIANT salad for dinner.

Now I know you don't need me to give you a recipe for a salad. You know how to make a salad. You are smart and savy. Also your hair looks real good today.

However I have made this the past three days in a row, and last night Erik said it was the best salad I have ever made (high praise?). So consider this a salad blueprint.


Giant Perfect Salad
Red leaf lettuce
Cherry tomatoes
Parsley
Lemon zest
Parmesan cheese
Bread crumbs
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar

Tear up the lettuce and parsley into a giant bowl. Add halved cherry tomatoes. Use a microplane to zest half a lemon into the bowl. Add just the smallest amount of olive oil and a little bit more balsamic vinegar. Shake some parmesan and bread crumbs into the bowl and toss everything about. 

Sit on the couch in your workout clothes after a run and eat this for dinner while you watch the daily show on hulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment