stripes

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Coconut Milk Rolls

little poofs of goodness

Hello blog.

It is fall. Time for bread baking and scarf wearing. Only we live in Louisiana so it is not cold enough for scarves yet. But the weather has turned enough to justify making these rolls. These only bake for about 20 minutes - your air conditioning can totally compensate for that.

These rolls turn out so soft and poofy you would swear they are store bought. They have a slightly sweet flavor, but do not taste like coconut, so don't fear feeding these to a picky eater.

I used this recipe from Eating Appalachia. I originally found it while I was searching for a recipe to use up some left over coconut milk. Now I just make these rolls and wind up with the left over coconut milk anyway.

I followed the above recipe with the following modifications:
1. I used 2 1/4 teaspoons of yeast rather than a packet
2. I switched 1/4 cup unsalted butter for the earth balance
3. In place of the 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour I used 1 1/2 cups AP flour and 1 cup of white whole wheat flour

yeast blooming

mixing wet and dry
    
post kneading
it has risen
rolls formed - now into the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment