stripes

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cinnamon Raisin Bread


I love baking with my bread machine. It turns something that is normally labor-intensive and time consuming, into something easy!. I have an Oster 2lb breadmaker, bake bread weekly, and am very happy with this machine.

Here is my adaptation of Oster's "Springtime Favorite Bread":
Measure and place in bread pan:
1 cup water (room temp)
1/4 cup room temperature butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 teaspoons almond extract

In a separate bowl, sift together:
2 3/4 cups bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons (more if you like!) cinnamon
Pour dry ingredients into bread pan.

Create a well in the dry ingredients with your finger, and carefully add 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast to the well.

If your bread machine has a "sweet" setting, use that one. Select crust setting, I like a dark crust. Push "start!"

At the raisin/nut signal, add 3/4 cup raisins.

In my opinion, this bread is best toasted with butter and honey.

2 comments:

  1. Leanne, I am so jealous of your bread machine. Someday I will have a stable enough address to own one and it will be a great day. Until then I must make do with my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I tried this today...I failed miserably my bread turned in a super dense lump. Have you ever had this happen? Did I use bad yeast? Did I put too much "stuff" in my machine (1.5 lb, so I had to "modify" the recipe)? Help!

    ReplyDelete